10 Things Every Man Should Know About Erectile Dysfunction & Potency
They say that men do most of the hard work during sexual activity. Whether true or not, there is one part of the male body that has to keep it hard throughout the session. But when power is low in the downstairs department, the simplest function of manliness becomes a nightmarish impossibility. The condition is known as erectile dysfunction and it affects millions of men in the United States and elsewhere in the world.
Here are 10 facts you should know about erectile function and impotence in men:
« 10 Marvelous Benefits You Gain From Walking More Often7 Simple Steps to Boost Your Body's Cancer Defenses »
- Achieving an erection is a ticklish process that requires different systems of your body to work in harmony. Any disease or disorder can easily lead to erectile dysfunction, especially conditions of the cardiovascular and nervous systems.
- The penis contains two spongy erectile chambers known as corpus cavernosum. During sexual arousal these two chambers get engorged with blood resulting in expansion of the penis in length and circumference. As long as there is sexual stimulation, the blood will stay trapped inside the shaft, but once stimulation is gone the blood will start draining out and the penis will return to its flaccid state.
- Heart disease is one of the leading causes of ED. Because heart problems lead to poor circulation, it can be difficult to get enough blood flow in the penis to have a strong erection.
- Erectile dysfunction drugs, like Viagra (sildenafil) and Cialis (tadalafil) work by inhibiting (blocking) an enzyme called PDE5, which results in expansion of blood vessels and increased blood flow in the penis. ED drugs works fast (usually within 30 to 60 minutes) and their effect is temporary. They are not a permanent cure for the condition.
- Although not approved by the FDA, there are many herbal remedies and supplements that can help in case of mild ED. Examples are: l-arginine, panax ginseng, horny goat weed, yohimbe, and others. However, they are significantly less effective than prescription drugs and may not work for everyone. There are tons of brands and formulas to choose from, but this one works well for men with low libido and performance issues.
- A penile implant (prosthesis) is a treatment option for patients with an advanced case. Inflatable penile implants are the preferred type since they feel more natural and allow the user to have an erection on demand.
- Vacuum erection devices offer an instant relief by forcing blood into the penis using vacuum force. There are different types of ED pumps on the market that are powered manually or electrically. They can be bought from drug stores without a prescription.
- Men with a small penis have used traction devices to increase erection size and strength. The benefits of this type of treatment are questionable but some devices have been clinically proven to increase size for some users.
- The best natural way to manage and prevent sexual dysfunction is by having a healthy diet and an active lifestyle. Maintaining good cardiovascular and mental well-being is crucial for a potent sexual function.
- The notion that ED affects old men is not true at all. There are many young men in their 20's and 30's who also suffer from this condition. Actually, recent studies showed that an increasing number of young men are having erection trouble.
Tags: erectile dysfunction, sexual potency, erection, sexual dysfunction
CommentsSuivre le flux RSS des commentaires